Last Updated: October 30, 2023
This data protection statement informs you about the type and purpose of the processing of personal data we collect about visitors of our website, users of our platform and customers we provide services to.In this statement "personal data" shall have the meaning given in the European DataProtection Laws and in particular those related to the “General Data Protection Regulation” (GDPR).
We may collect personal data in the event of:
1. Account registration on The Source platform
When registering on The Source platform, Client users are required to provide personal data such as:
- First Name
- Last name
- email address
- Company name
- Company Location (incl. billing address)
When registering on The Source platform as Vendors, Creators are also required to provide :
- phone number
- personal address
- spoken languages
- links to their profile and portfolios on third-party websites such as social networks or link to their personal websites
- a profile & cover picture (optional)
- business-related data such as Tax ID and detailed billing information
2. Contact form, email contact and live chat
We also collect personal data when you reach out to us via
- one of our online contact form or brief submission form
- email contact
- or live chat (which is powered by “Intercom” by a Third-Party service).
3. Newsletters & Email marketing
We offer our clients, users and visitors the opportunity to subscribe to a free newsletter. We send newsletters only with the consent of the recipient or a legal permission. Users may optout of receiving such information at any time, and such marketing emails tell you how to do so. We use the services of Mailchimp for sending messages by email. Further information on the data protection provisions of the shipping service provider can be found on their website.
4. Use of personal data
We only collect and use personal data of our users and visitors insofar as this is necessary to provide a functional website, platform and services. Use of personal data may includes:
- communicating with you regarding your account on the platform (account registration, account deletion, technical support, technical notices)
- providing customer services (respond to a brief, work on a project, deliver and bill)
- providing marketing offers, inspirations & industry-related informations via newsletters (with user’s consent)
- providing project opportunities (for our vendors)
5. Sharing personal data
We may share your personal data as follows:
- With third parties where you have provided your consent to do so (in the event of a marketplace collaboration type with one of our vendor)
- With our third party service providers who provide services such as live chat(Intercom) and email delivery (Mailchimp & Mandrill), Analytics (Piwik), CRM &Accountancy Saas solution (Sellsy) and other similar services.
These third parties are only permitted to use your personal data to the extent necessary to enable them to provide their services to us. They are required to follow our express instructions andto comply with appropriate security measures to protect your personal data..
- In the event of of a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include anymerger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
Personal data will only be retained for so long as you have an account with the platform or having a business agreement with The Source - and up to one (1) year thereafter.
1. Cookies we use:
- A persistent session cookie which is stored on your device between browser sessions and allow us to remember you login details and avoid you re-enter everytime your login details
- An analytic cookie which gather and aggregate anonymous informations about visitors on our platform so we can monitor the activity and improve performances. We use Google Analytics to this purpose
- Another analytic cookie which is stored on your browser and is meant to collect information about sessions and interactions within our platform to help us deliver a personalized customer support experience. We use PIWIK to this purpose.
- A third party cookie implemented via Intercom for our live chat tool. ntercom is certified under the Privacy Shield Agreement and thus offers a guarantee to comply with European data protection law.
2. How to disable cookies ?
User can simply reject cookies via their own browser settings, by following the steps usually described in the settings menu.
We also store data locally to enhance sur user experience on our site and platform.
1. Right for information
Users may access the information we hold about them at any time via your account or by contacting us directly by email at : privacy[at]thesource.social
Informations that can be requested:
- personal data held about the user
- the purposes for which the personal data are processed;
- the categories of personal data processed;
- the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data concerning youhave been or are still being disclosed;
- the planned duration of storage of the personal data concerning you or, if specific information is not possible, criteria for determining the storage period
2. Right to correction
User can ask for a rectification and/or completion if the personal data are incorrect orincomplete.
3. Right to cancellation
User can request the deletion of the data in the event of:
- the personal data being are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- the personal data have been processed unlawfully;
- revoking of the consent on which the processing was based
Please email us at privacy[at]thesource.social for any questions or comments you have regarding our Policy.